All About Auto Accidents
With 2014 ending and 2015 beginning, Progressive Insurance decided to take a look at claim data from the last year to look for trends and other facts that may be able to prevent others from being put in the same situation. The report was split up and analyzed under many different categories. One category that was specifically looked at was all of the company’s personal auto claims from 2014. Mike Sieger, Progressive’s Claims Operation Leader, stated that, “The goal of this report is to empower people with information so they can avoid accidents. For example, when people see that rear-ending is the top claim of 2014, maybe they’ll think twice before following the person in front of them too closely. Or that seeing intersection claims are so high on the list will show them that running the red light isn’t worth the time you save.”
The few main notable trends that the data discovered were:
– States that were located on the East Coast were determined to be the top 5 states in which a person was most likely to file a claim;
– Weekdays were determined to be the busiest days of the week in which claims were made;
– Saturday and Sunday were noted as the least busy days of the week for total claims; and
– Saturday and Sunday were also determined to be the busiest days of the week for claims that involved theft and vandalism.
Below is a better break down of the data that was compiled by more specific topic areas.
Top Claims by Type
1. Rear-end accidents
2. Single vehicle accidents
3. Accidents involving parked cars
4. Accidents involving an object that was coming from the road
5. Accidents that take place in the middle of an intersection
Order of Months for Claims
Order of Claims by Day of the Week
Top Days for Claims
1. May 22
2. April 3
3. June 3
4. June 5
5. February 14
States that Have the Most Claims
1. District of Columbia
4. New York
5. South Carolina
States that Have the Most Auto Theft Claims
1. District of Columbia
Are You a Statistic?
If you have been a victim of an auto accident, you understand how terrifying the aftermath can be. You have to deal with insurance companies, possibly injuries to yourself or a family member, and usually some form of property damage to your vehicle. If the accident was caused by the fault of another party, you should not have to suffer more than you need to. Contact the Fort Lauderdale attorneys at Boone & Davis today. We have years of experience in dealing with auto accidents and will fight for you to get you the justice and compensation that you deserve.