Fort Lauderdale Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Lawyers guiding clients through claims after catastrophic accidents in Florida
When a serious accident occurs, the resulting injuries may change your life. Whether you suffer a spinal cord injury, a traumatic brain injury, an amputated limb or a lost organ, you may face significant medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. At Boone & Davis, Attorneys at Law, we believe that you should not have to face this difficult time alone. With more than 30 years of litigation experience and a background in insurance law, our Fort Lauderdale catastrophic injury attorneys know how to fight for you. We work hard to help you hold negligent parties responsible for the harm done to you and to obtain the compensation you need both now and in the future.
Types of catastrophic injuries
Our Fort Lauderdale catastrophic injury attorneys provide thorough, compassionate and highly accessible representation to help you recover compensation for all types of long-lasting or debilitating injuries, including:
- Head injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can result in serious harm, including long-term mental impairment, loss of control of limbs, senses or organs, or even a persistent vegetative state. The most serious head injury may even leave the victim brain dead, and many brain injuries are fatal.
- Back injuries: A spinal cord injury almost always results in ongoing pain, but a serious spinal injury may cause paralysis below the site of impact, including paraplegia or quadriplegia.
- Amputation injuries: Car accidents, construction and industrial accidents, theme park accidents, animal attacks and medical malpractice may all result in the loss of a limb. In some cases, a traumatic amputation may occur during the accident. In other cases, amputation may be necessary to save your life afterward.
- Internal injuries: In addition to brain injuries, catastrophic accidents may result in injuries to internal organs, nerve damage or muscle damage. When an organ is damaged, you may require a surgical transplant and ongoing care. Internal injuries may also occur because of surgical errors.
- Blindness and deafness: Blindness and deafness can occur in all types of accidents. For example, a traumatic brain injury may result in blindness, deafness or loss of the senses of taste or smell. Car accidents, explosions and medical treatments — including dangerous drugs — may also result in the loss of senses. In addition, exposure to noises, lights, chemicals, drugs and other traumas at work may cause the loss of senses.
- Fatal injuries: Many catastrophic injuries are fatal, whether at the site of the accident or after treatment in the hospital. Even in cases where injuries are not fatal, they may shorten the lifespan of the victim. If you have lost a family member because of a fatal injury resulting from the negligence of others, our attorneys can guide you through each step of your wrongful death claim.
Helping victims and their families through the lawsuit process
Catastrophic injuries almost always require ongoing treatment or care, medical aids and life changes. If your injuries have left you unable to walk, you may need to renovate your home for wheelchair access in addition to paying for costly treatment and expensive medical devices and equipment. Many victims of catastrophic accidents need live-in care, breathing apparatuses, wheelchairs, prosthetic limbs, ongoing physical therapy and other aids. In addition to medical treatment and care, you may no longer be able to do the work you did before and earn the same living.
At Boone and Davis, our personal injury attorneys provide the support you need to obtain the compensation you deserve. We represent victims of catastrophic injuries and family members of victims of fatal injuries, including those whose loved ones have been declared brain-dead. Using our substantial litigation and negotiation skills, we help you build and present your case to a judge and jury or to an insurer. We use the latest in technological advances during a trial to present a compelling picture to jurors. In addition, we work with a network of experts, including medical, vocational and financial experts, to help you obtain compensation for both past and future damages.
Contact a dedicated Fort Lauderdale personal injury law firm today for prompt, reliable assistance
At Boone & Davis, Attorneys at Law we care not only about the results of your case but also about how you are treated. From the moment we accept your case, we are dedicated to being accessible, reliable and supportive. And while we have a history of proven results that includes verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million, we also have a track record of client satisfaction. To learn how we can help you after a catastrophic accident, contact us online or call 954-566-9919 for a free initial consultation.