What an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Can do for You
Seeking compensation after a personal injury accident requires more than just an understanding of the law. While this is obviously a critical aspect of legal representation, it is also important for an attorney to have experience dealing with insurance companies and to have the skill and dedication to attend to every aspect of a client’s claim throughout the entirety of the legal process. To learn more about the importance of having a Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney on your side, who can protect your interests following an accident, please call our office today.
Do I Need a Lawyer?
Whether an accident victim should retain an attorney depends on the circumstances of the case, including the severity of his or her injuries and the other party’s degree of liability. It is, however, a good rule of thumb that a person should reach out to an attorney anytime there is a serious injury that results in expensive medical bills and lost wages, or significant property damage. Speaking with an attorney is also a good idea when there are multiple potentially liable parties involved in the case. Those who are involved in multi-car pile-ups, for instance, or who were injured by a defective consumer product, will likely need the assistance of an attorney when pursuing a legal claim.
How an Attorney Can Help
When representing a client in a personal injury case, an experienced attorney will be able to fulfill a number of responsibilities that can help ensure that a case is resolved as quickly and as smoothly as possible, including:
- Providing sound advice to improve the injured party’s chances of receiving maximum compensation;
- Negotiating with insurers so as to avoid the underpayment of a claim or an unfair settlement;
- Strengthening a case by investigating a claim and preserving evidence, including medical records, police reports, eyewitness testimony, and photos from the scene of the accident;
- Improving chances of success in court by working with experts, whose testimony can help prove negligence on the part of the defendant;
- Determining the true value of a claim and communicating that value to the other party’s insurers; and
- Litigating the case in court if resolution through negotiation is impossible.
All of these elements are crucial to the outcome of a personal injury claim, which requires a strong showing of fault, as well as proof as to the losses suffered by the victim.
Has Your Claim Been Fairly Evaluated?
One of the most important things that an experienced attorney can do for an accident victim is to provide a fair valuation of a case. This involves the assessment of a number of factors, including the extent of the victim’s injuries and the impact of those injuries on his or her life. Attorneys often have a better understanding of what qualifies as fair compensation in accident cases, whereas injured parties themselves may not, and so could end up settling for less than what their claim is really worth. Similarly, putting a price on pain and suffering is nearly impossible for a layman, but is only one of the many pieces of knowledge that a dedicated attorney can provide.
Here to Help with Your Florida Accident Case
To learn more about how an experienced personal injury attorney could help with your own accident case, please call Boone & Davis at 954-566-9919 today.