Why You Should Consider Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
If you were recently involved in an accident, an insurance adjuster may be trying to convince you that you do not need legal representation to pursue a claim. While this could be true for minor accidents that involve less serious injuries, accident victims are generally encouraged to at least consult with a personal injury attorney before proceeding with their case. Please call our office today to learn more about how an experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer could help you with your own claim.
Do I Need to Retain an Attorney?
Retaining a lawyer is not legally required to file a personal injury claim, as it is technically possible for plaintiffs to file their own paperwork and to even represent themselves in court. The odds of success, however, for those who choose to go this route are much lower than for plaintiffs who retain experienced attorneys. This is especially true in cases that involve multiple parties, serious injuries, or extreme negligence, when it is more likely that:
- A court will require the testimony of expert witnesses;
- The plaintiff will need to collect and analyze complex legal documents obtained during the discovery process;
- The plaintiff will need to present strong and convincing evidence to a judge or jury demonstrating the defendant’s fault; and
- The parties will be required to comply with complex rules of evidence and legal procedures.
Filing motions, making objections, conducting interviews, and presenting a case are all tasks that experienced personal injury lawyers are uniquely equipped to handle. This is also true for cases that are handled primarily in an out-of-court setting, as strong negotiation tactics are often necessary to obtain a fair settlement.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
An experienced personal injury attorney can make the entire legal process of filing an accident claim much simpler and will also increase a plaintiff’s chances of success. This is because legal experts are trained to:
- Conduct careful research;
- Systematically gather evidence, which includes conducting interviews of eyewitnesses and experts;
- Document and calculate all of a plaintiff’s financial losses;
- Ensure that all court documents and insurance claims are properly filed;
- Represent a party’s legal interests during settlement negotiations;
- Assess possible settlement offers; and
- Retain well-respected experts and investigators with a proven track record of success.
All of these strengths put attorneys in the best possible position to help injured plaintiffs file successful claims. This is also true for injured parties who want to avoid a trial, as attorneys can also handle arbitration and mediation and can help their clients obtain higher settlements.
Call Our Legal Team Today for Help with Your Personal Injury Claim
If you were injured in an accident that involved major property damage or severe injuries, you could benefit from retaining legal counsel. For a free evaluation of your own case and an explanation of your legal options, please contact the dedicated personal injury lawyers at Boone & Davis today. We can be reached at 954-566-9919 or via online message, so please don’t hesitate to call or contact us online at your earliest convenience.