Fort Lauderdale Walgreens Injury Attorney
Walgreens stores in Fort Lauderdale are retail establishments that residents and visitors rely on to pick up prescription medications, buy snacks and drinks for the beach, purchase household cleaning products and personal care items, buy greeting cards, and to buy quickly needed electronic items such as camera SD cards. In short, Walgreens are often a quick one-stop-shop for a variety of consumer products, and customers are usually in and out of the store relatively quickly. However, Walgreens stores can also be sites of many different kinds of accidents and injuries. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident at a Walgreens in or around Fort Lauderdale, call our Fort Lauderdale Walgreens injury attorney for help with filing your claim.
Frequently Personal Injury Lawsuits Arising Out of Injuries at Fort Lauderdale Walgreens
Accidents and injuries can take many forms at Walgreens pharmacies and convenience stores, from falls or struck-by accidents that occur inside the store to patient injuries resulting from improperly filled prescriptions to motor vehicle collisions in the parking lot. Common types of personal injury lawsuits in Fort Lauderdale that arise out of accidents and negligent behavior at Walgreens stores include but are not limited to the following:
- Premises liability lawsuits resulting from slips and falls or negligent security cases;
- Struck-by injuries caused by falling shelf products;
- Auto or pedestrian accidents in the Walgreens parking lot; and
- Medical malpractice or medical negligence claims related to pharmacy errors.
Slips and Falls at Walgreens in Fort Lauderdale
Slips and falls are among the most common types of injuries that occur at drugstores like Walgreens, and they can happen at Walgreens retail establishments for many different reasons, including but not limited to:
- Liquid spill in an aisle;
- Damaged floors in the one of the store section, including broken tiles or torn carpet;
- Poor lighting in an aisle;
- Tripping hazards in an aisle, such as stacked boxes that have not yet been unpacked and shelved;
- Damaged or slick walkway outside the entrance to Walgreens; or
- Broken lighting in a Walgreens parking lot.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident at a Walgreens in or around Fort Lauderdale, it is important to seek guidance from a Fort Lauderdale Walgreens injury lawyer about filing your claim. When these injuries result from liquid spills, you will need to provide additional evidence under Florida law to support your claim.
Medication Mistakes at Fort Lauderdale Walgreens Stores
Consumers throughout the Fort Lauderdale area rely on Walgreens pharmacies to fill medications. While many people successfully pick up and use prescription drugs from Walgreens, errors in the pharmacy can result in serious and even fatal injuries. For example, the following types of medical negligence can happen at Walgreens pharmacies:
- Filling the wrong prescription;
- Filling the wrong amount of the prescription;
- Negligently advising a patient to take a medication without considering drug interactions;
- Negligently advising a patient to use a medication without discussing known side effects; and/or
- Providing a patient with incorrect information about the proper use of a prescribed drug.
Learn More from Our Fort Lauderdale Walgreens Injury Attorneys
Did you sustain a personal injury at a Walgreens in Florida? Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers can help. Contact Boone & Davis to learn more about filing a claim.