Fort Lauderdale Costco Injury Attorney
Costco is a one-stop shopping warehouse for many Fort Lauderdale residents, offering various consumer goods from fresh produce and deli to electronics and books to gas and tire service. Yet the Costco location in Davie, where thousands of Fort Lauderdale-area residents shop, is also a place where a wide variety of accidents and injuries can occur. Although most of us do not think about injury risks when we take a trip to Costco, this warehouse shopping center can be the site of serious and debilitating injuries. Our Fort Lauderdale Costco injury attorneys are here to assist you with your case.
Common Types of Accidents at Fort Lauderdale Costco
Given the sheer size of Costco and the numerous consumer products it sells, there are many different types of accidents that are common to this store, including but not limited to the following:
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Being struck by falling objects;
- Food poisoning incidents;
- Medication mistakes at the pharmacy;
- Product defect injuries;
- Auto accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Premises liability cases; and
- Furniture tip-over accidents.
It is important to know that slips and falls or struck-by accidents can occur almost anywhere in a Costco warehouse, while other types of injuries are more common in specific Costco departments. You should also know that premises liability claims involving slips and falls due to a transitory foreign substance in a Costco—such as a liquid spill in a food aisle or a rain puddle in an entryway—requires elevated proof under Florida law. To be sure, an injured plaintiff must be able to “prove that the business establishment had actual or constructive knowledge of the dangerous condition and should have taken action to remedy it.”
Causes of Fort Lauderdale Costco Accidents
What are some of the most common causes of Fort Lauderdale Costco accidents? While a wide variety of causes can exist for injuries that occur in Costco stores, the following are among the frequent reasons that the types of accidents above may occur:
- Liquid spills in food aisles or at tasting stations;
- Improperly stored or prepared foods at tasting stations or in prepared foods aisles;
- Poor lighting in certain areas of the store;
- Damaged flooring;
- Tripping hazards in shopping aisles;
- Negligently stacking shelves with merchandise that can fall over;
- Failing to remove recalled products from store shelves;
- Selling perishable foods beyond the sell-by date;
- Negligent hiring of mechanics;
- Medication error made by a Costco pharmacist in filling a prescription; or
- Negligent motorists in the Costco parking lots.
These hazards can lead to serious injuries like traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, burn injuries, and other serious harms.
Contact Our Fort Lauderdale Costco Accident and Injury Attorneys Today
If you or someone you love recently sustained an injury at a Costco store, you should seek advice from a Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney as soon as possible to find out more about filing a claim for financial compensation. You may be able to file a lawsuit against Costco. Contact Boone & Davis today to learn about how we can assist you with your Costco injury claim.