Fort Lauderdale Condominium Shooting Attorney
If there is one space where you have an expectation of safety and privacy, it is the place that you call home. You have an even higher expectation when your Florida residence is part of a condominium association, in which members contribute to ensure the safety of the community. Unfortunately, criminal elements can enter the picture when proper security measures are not in place. Condominium shootings are a tragic example, and they put owners, residents, visitors, and guests at risk of serious injuries.
Florida personal injury laws provide you with legal remedies, and it is reassuring to know that you can even pursue the condo association for monetary damages. At Boone & Davis, Attorneys at Law, our team has extensive experience representing victims of shootings. We are adept at developing strategies to ensure you receive fair compensation, so please contact us to set up a free consultation with a Fort Lauderdale condominium shootings attorney. You can also read on for an overview of the basic concepts.
Liability of Condo Associations
There are two theories of that may impose liability on the condominium association when someone sufferings injuries from a shooting or related incident:
- Under Florida premises liability laws, a property owner has the duty to maintain the space in a reasonably safe condition and free from foreseeable hazards. A breach of this duty in the area of safety measures might amount to negligent security on behalf of the association.
- Florida condo laws impose a duty upon associations to maintain common areas, including sidewalks, pool facilities, fitness centers, hallways, parking lots, and other amenities. A violation of the statute could lead to liability for the condominium association.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a condo shooting, you may qualify to pursue the association under either or both of these theories.
Legal Representation is Critical
Compensation in premises liability cases based upon how your injuries impact your life physically, emotionally, and financially. You might be eligible to recover amounts for medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages, emotional distress, and many other losses. It is crucial to have a Fort Lauderdale condominium shootings attorney on your side for assistance with the essential tasks. Our team at Boone & Davis will help by:
- Conducting an investigation to assess security failures by the condo association;
- Gathering evidence, including crime reports covering incidents in the area;
- Preparing all forms to file a claim with the association’s insurance company;
- Discussing settlement with the insurer to resolve your claim out of court; and
- Filing a lawsuit in court if the insurance company refuses to settle for a fair amount.
A Fort Lauderdale Condominium Shootings Lawyer Will Protect Your Rights
This summary of the relevant laws is helpful, but it should also persuade you of the importance of retaining legal representation for help with your claim. For more information, please call 954-566-9919 or go online to reach Boone & Davis, Attorneys at Law. We can schedule a no-cost case evaluation with an experienced South Florida condo shootings attorney.