Fort Lauderdale Dump Truck Accident Attorney
Dump trucks are necessary to move construction materials in and out of a site, to haul dirt or bricks, or to move anything else that needs to be easily loaded and dumped. While commonly seen around construction sites, dump trucks also travel the roads and highways alongside smaller passenger vehicles and motorists.
Because of the safety risks of dump trucks, drivers must have a special license and must take particular care to keep other motorists safe from harm. Unfortunately, dump truck drivers can make mistakes like anyone else and this can often result in crashes. Any type of dump truck crash can cause serious injury to anyone involved. If you have sustained injuries in a collision, you should not delay in consulting with a Fort Lauderdale dump truck accident attorney at Boone & Davis.
Common Causes of Dump Truck Crashes
There are several reasons why a dump truck may crash, including the following:
● Distracted driving – Just like any other driver, if a dump truck driver is texting, on the phone, or otherwise not paying close attention, they can easily collide with another vehicle or obstacle.
● Impaired driving – Similar to distracted driving, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is dangerous no matter what type of vehicle you are driving and can be particularly dangerous when driving a truck loaded with heavy materials.
● Taking turns too fast – Because of the way dump trucks are built, drivers must be cautious when turning. If their speed is too great, the dump truck may tip and roll over onto its side, often spilling all of the materials.
● Failing to lower the truck bed – The beds of most dump trucks raise up and down so the bed can tilt. If the bed is not completely lowered into place before driving the truck, it may be too tall to clear under overpasses or the higher center of gravity may cause the driver to lose control.
● Back-up accidents – It can be impossible to see what is behind a dump truck and drivers should always take the necessary precautions before backing up to avoid hitting vehicles or bystanders.
● Improper loading – Even if a truck does not crash, improper loading of the materials in the bed can cause the materials to fly out of the truck as it drives. These materials can hit other vehicles or cause drivers to swerve out of the way and crash.
If your dump truck accident was caused by any type of negligence on the part of a driver or construction company, you deserve to have all of your losses reimbursed, including medical bills, lost income, and intangible losses such as pain and suffering.
Consult With Our Fort Lauderdale Dump Truck Accident Attorneys Today
Dump trucks are unique vehicles and there can be many legal questions that arise in these accident cases. You need a Fort Lauderdale dump truck accident attorney on your side who understands how to determine liability and seek the compensation you deserve. Please call the office of Boone & Davis at 954-566-9919 to discuss your case for free today.