Fort Lauderdale Premises Liability Attorney
Representing the needs of injured victims throughout Florida
Landowners and others in control of property have a duty to reasonably maintain their premises, including inside of buildings and the surrounding lots, and to remedy dangers or warn of dangers that cannot be fixed. When a dangerous or defective property condition causes you to suffer injuries or lose a loved one, the Fort Lauderdale premises liability attorneys at Boone & Davis, Attorneys at Law use their more than 30 years of practical experience at the negotiating table and in the courtroom to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Types of premises liability
Through skilled and dedicated service, our Fort Lauderdale premises liability attorneys help you recover the compensation you need for all types of accidents caused by dangerous or defective property conditions, including:
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents can be caused by almost any dangerous property condition, from unsafe stairwells to unsafe sidewalks and torn carpeting to slippery pool tiles.
- Elevator and escalator accidents: Accidents involving elevators and escalators can occur because of mechanical malfunctions, negligent maintenance or an uneven steps or flooring, which can cause a trip and fall accident.
- Negligent security: Landowners have a duty to ensure that their premises are safe, including taking appropriate security precautions, such as providing adequate lighting, security cameras, locks or security guards. If you were injured by a third party because of a dangerous property condition that a negligent landowner knew about and failed to remedy through adequate security, our attorneys fight to get the compensation you need.
- Dog bites and animal attacks: Dog owners are strictly liable for dog bites or attacks, even if they were not negligent and regardless of whether the dog has any past history of viciousness. To learn more about recovering from owners and their insurers, please read the information on our dog bites page.
- Drowning: More children ages one to four are killed in fatal drowning accidents in Florida than in any other state, according to statistics from the Florida Department of Health Injury Prevention Program. When a swimming pool drowning occurs in a public community pool, private residential pool, private club, spa, swim camp or school, our attorneys help you identity the negligent parties and hold them responsible.
How we can help
At Boone and Davis, we provide comprehensive service to help you recover compensation for your injuries when they are the result of landowner negligence. Through the use of our network of experienced engineers and other experts, we determine the cause of the accident and what the landowner or other negligent party could and should have done to prevent the accident. We determine whether there are insurance policies that may apply to your case and cover your injuries, and we guide you through negotiations or a lawsuit to obtain a fair settlement. Relying on more than 30 years of litigation experience, our Fort Lauderdale premises liability attorneys guide you through each step of your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, using their legal knowledge, their trial skills and the latest technology to speak to jurors and judges.
Contact our Fort Lauderdale premises liability attorneys when dangerous premises cause injuries
Since 1981, Boone & Davis, Attorneys at Law has been a law firm that injured victims in Fort Lauderdale and throughout Florida rely on for the experienced representation they need and the open communication they deserve. To learn more about our services, contact us online or by calling 954-566-9919 anytime for a free, no-obligation consultation. We never charge fees — not even for our expenses — unless and until we recover for you.