Fort Lauderdale Burn Injury Attorney
Representing the needs of people suffering from burns, scarring and disfigurement
Burn injuries range in severity from first-degree burns, which damage only the outer layer of skin, to third-degree burns, which damage the innermost layer of skin and nerves, causing numbness. Fourth-degree burns are the most serious and substantially damage nerves, resulting in loss of sensation, muscle, organs and bones.
At Boone and Davis, PA, our Fort Lauderdale burn injury attorneys represent victims suffering from burn injuries, scars and disfigurement caused by the negligence, recklessness, wrongdoing or fault of others. Through hard work, skill and dedication to open communication, we guide you through complex injury claims to help you achieve just compensation.
Types of burns
Serious burns can cause swelling, blistering, scarring, infections, shock and even death. You may need extensive treatment, including medication, skin or synthetic grafts, hyperbaric treatments and other treatment in burn institutes. At Boone and Davis, we are dedicated to helping you recover monetary damages from negligent parties, so you can obtain the medical treatment you need for burn injuries, make up for lost wages and be compensated for the pain and suffering you have to endure. We represent victims of all types of burn accidents, including:
- Flash: Explosions of natural gas, propane, gasoline and other flammable liquids cause flash burns, which often result from industrial or construction accidents.
- Flame: All types of accidents can cause flame burns, including property fires, defective product fires, gas station fires and automobile accidents. You may also suffer inhalation injuries from breathing smoke.
- Scalds: Scalds are burns caused by hot liquids, including water, steam, oil, grease and tar.
- Contact: Contact burns are caused when the body touches hot metals, plastics, glass or coal.
- Chemical: A chemical burn is caused by strong acids or other chemicals and can be difficult to identify without medical treatment. Chemical burns continue to cause severe injuries until properly treated.
- Electrical: An electrical burn may cause injuries where the electrical current enters and exits the body, injuries to internal organs, shock, and injuries caused by falling during electrocution.
- Radiological: A radiological burn is caused by alpha, beta or gamma radiation. In personal injury cases, these burns most often result from medical malpractice, including the negligent use of X-rays in medical imaging or radiotherapy.
Scalds from hot liquids and steam, building fires, and flammable liquids and gases are the most common causes of burns. Burns of all kinds are especially common in construction accidents, where the use of flammable materials, hot liquids and metals, chemicals, electrical current, heavy machinery and other tools is prevalent. In fact, electrocution and electrical burns cause 9 percent of all fatal construction accidents.
Scarring can result from any type of accident, from car crashes and burn accidents to dog bites and injuries from a slip and fall accident. Scars may cause extensive pain and suffering, and you may need costly plastic surgery or have to live with a permanent scar. Obvious scarring — such as on your face, neck or hands — may also affect your ability to get a job and earn an income.
When serious accidents occur, they can cause permanent disfigurement of the face or body. Much like scars and burns, disfiguring accidents affect all aspects of your life, from your ability to enjoy life activities to your ability to earn an income. Our Fort Lauderdale disfigurement attorneys work hard to help you obtain compensation for disfigurement caused by all types of accidents resulting from the negligence of others, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Burn accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog and animal attacks
- Violence, including assaults due to negligent security
Contact seasoned Fort Lauderdale burn injury attorneys for serious injury cases in Florida
With more than 30 years of experience and proven results that include more than 100 cases in which we achieved verdicts or settlements in excess of $1 million, Boone and Davis, PA is a personal injury law firm you can rely on to work hard for you. To learn more about our services, contact us online or call 954-566-9919 for a free consultation. From the moment we accept your case, our entire legal team is dedicated to being accessible, reliable and supportive.